So I slept pretty late last night again, near 4, and was dragged back from my mere nothingness long before it officially gave me the permission to move out! I was informed that were visiting our maternal side of the family for a day! Hmmm!
Well in Pakistan we have a strong joint family system, rather than living alone people live together with their parents and their siblings even after they get married. This is a principle here, we cannot just abandon our parents and move out. Usually people who do that aren't respected or valued in the society. Islam, the religion in Pakistan, teaches us to remain with our parents till they breath their very last breadth.
So as the whole of my maternal family lives in one house, so a trip there means a day spent with my mom's youngest brother who we call Chunay mamoo ( mamoo is a word in urdu for mom's brother), Pappu mamoo who is elder than chunay mamoo, his wife, his one-year old, Fatima; Jawed mamoo, my mom's eldest brother, his wife and his four kids: Taimoor: 17, Uroosa: my age, Sharmeen: 11 and Hassan:9; my mom's sister who I call khalajani (a word in urdu for mom's sister) and my mom's mother who I call my nanna!
Okay so that makes one big family but out of all people three people are dearest to me, my khalajani, more like my own sister, my Chunay mamoo, who spoils me and my nanna, who loves and prays for me every second of the day!
So as sleepy as I was, after entering the house and greeting everyone the next thing I did was dive on the bed and get lost once again in my welcoming mere nothingness! I gave in on myself at 11:30 and got the control back when it was 2:30 in the afternoon. I was called for lunch and after that things went pretty ordinarily. I discussed the recent twist in the political events of the nation with my khalajani, cursed a politician here and there and commented on some old photos that were lying around!
My mom was going to the beauty saloon so I decided to tag along and get my haircut refreshed for my big party! Wanna know what big party I am talking about, well I just got my Matriculation result and have scored 90% MashAllah! So my mom and dad decided to throw this huge party for every one! I am soooo waiting for it!!! Its on the 1st August 2009! :)
After my Chunay mamoo came home he showed me the new iPhone he bought me! UUUHHHHH I soooo love it! I was drooling over it, but my khalajani said that my mamoo will bring it as an official gift on the day of my party! Oh well...I don't wanna wait till then but I have to! :(
So near nine my dad came to pick us up and we were on our way back to home! Well what can I say I love my home! It's good to be back! :)



How fun to learn about your family and culture. I like the idea of living with family. It sometimes gets lonely being alone all the time. Oh and I love my iPhone!! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
ReplyDelete