Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Parttaayy!

1st August 2009

A mere introduction ('cos you might be wondering: What party!?!)

This party was being postponed for the last two weeks 'cos of the awful rain in Karachi, I was soooo anticipated for it..I love parties especially ones that are thrown for me!! This was a party to celebrate my marvelous result in my matriculation. I scored 90% MashAllah, and I am soooo happy!
So my mom and dad invited a lot off people, family and friends, not my friends though; I had thrown a party for them long before this. This was purely an event for people I am acquainted with through my parents!
Here is what I wore!

The real thing!

Now all of my dad's friends who were invited have sons who are almost my age group, no girls! In Pakistan, due to the religious boundaries, girls don't mingle around with guys a lot. They talk but they keep their distances, and usually if girls decide to move out of the lines and mingle around with guys more than the limits our society allows, they keep it on the DL! That means they don't usually let their mom and dad or any other adult know! (which I personally think is kinda desperate!! :S)
So there were a lot of guys who turned up for my big day and I was really happy that they did, 'cos I know them and their families since the day I was born and I think it's really nice that I got to meet all those people after such a looooong time!
But then this thing happened which forced my cousin (let's call her Amy) to be incognito for the rest of the evening and forced me to hate her for missing on all the fun with me! :(
So it all started when one of my dad's friend appeared who has a son, my age but he is a sheer egomaniac! :S He thinks he is all that, but let me just say that he is sooooo not! So let's just name this guy Mr. X! (I think the letter X adds a little suspence :P) So Mr.X is a lot into writing and stuff and he once wrote a short story which he sent me to read; I didn't like it though 'cos I am not at all into sci-fi! So I didn't read the whole of it, but my cousin did. She saw the book lying around and decided to read it. She even liked the book and then she was kinda intrigued to see what the guys look like ( a little curiosity never hurts) Soon afterward we found the guy on Facebook! She decided to add him as her friend, but I didn't 'cos I don't like to have guys on my friend list (the ethical codes I talk of). At first she didn't tell him about where she knows him from but later, after some guessing games or two, it was finally known that she is knows him through moi!! But I actually didn't care 'cos I am sooo not that much into guys and stuff, and secondly I don't keep things on the DL! My mom knows everything!
Okay Mr. X was sitting there and then Amy made an entrance! She was called by Mr. X's mom, as she recognized her from FB...turned out she (his mom) knew everything! And then came the main part, his mom called for him to show him Amy, his net friend who he had never met before in real life, and rather than greeting politely like any normal person would do, he made an I-don't-care gesture! I mean who does that?? Who is he? Mr. I-think-nobody's-worth-me?
But on Amy's side something totally different was going on, she was absolutely flabbergasted about her cover being blown like that in front of the whole family! I mean she was keeping all this guys-on-FB stuff on the DL for a long time now! 'Cos here in Pakistan the ethical and social codes don't allow girls mingle around with guys much! Especially guys you don't know at all!!! For the rest of the evening she remained out of sight of her mom and Mr.X!!! She was soo scared that any moment his mom might get up and tell the whole thing to her mom, without even knowing the big deal it is for Amy...She just might loose FB forever!!!!
At the same time Amy was sooo embarrassed at the way she was put of by Mr.X! Way to go Mr.X for ruining everything for her...What a looser!!!! Which guy on this planet acts like this towards girls?? I mean telling mom is fine, but the I-DON'T-CARE gesture...who is he PRINCE WILLIAM????
After that, while I was talking to Mr.X, I went like Amy is pretty scared to face you, and he was all like 'Who's Amy!!??!!' What a jerk!!! His mom is soo sweet and everything, but it seems that apparently he has broken all the Guinness Records for super rudeness!
Anyways other than that my party went super fabulous, I got loads of gifts and cash! :) People really liked my dress and many of my mom's friends said that I was looking very beautiful and angelic (okay so they didn't actually use the word angelic but they did kinda imply towards that!!!!) I enjoyed the food a lot and most of all I have got a wonderful memory which I will treasure for the rest of my life!


The gifts that I got, there are also some flowery bangles and big flowery neck-ware, which are worn in Pakistan as a sign of celebration or happiness!


The envolopes contain cash also notice the earings and necklaces!


I have still not decided what to go for: the iPhone or the laptop, my heart is all for the Iphone but my brain is for the laptop, 'cos I do need a new one!!! Gosh what to do!

The iPhone I am asked to replace with a new laptop!! :( Only if I decide to give this away will I get a new laptop!!

My old laptop, which is begging to be replaced with a new one!!! *confused*

P.S: Also notice the countdown on the top of my post...I am sooo nervous I hope things turn out fine!!! EEEP!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awarded you with 'The Fabulous Blog Award' collect it over at mine...

    ReplyDelete