Sunday, August 9, 2009

And I fasted!

7 August 2009

Okay, so I had already stated in the previous post that I'll be fasting on this day and so I actually did fast! Please read the previous post (last paragraph) to get an idea what I mean by fasting. So anyways, I spent the day in praying 'cos that's what fasting is about and also on the internet (I seriously can't live without it) and I slept a little! At dusk I broke my fast and my mom had prepared all these wonderful things for the Iftar!!! Mmmmm..mm!

The off-white bowl contains Dahi Baray, which is a spicy combination of yogurt and fried things known as barays! The plates contain Paqooras (fried oninions and patatoes covered in some kind of flour!), Samoosas and egg rolls!



In the jug with a bow (my mom loves going all pretty) we have plum juice! In the big blue bowl we have chic peas, sweet and sour! In the light purple bowl we have a fruit chat, a combination of many fruits with sugar, pepper and lemon juice!

Now this people is pure Pakistani cuisine! And I can honestly say that there is nothing in this world like this!!! I absolutely heart it!!! And trust me ate like hell, and was almost about to burst!!!

P.S: Forgive me for giving such incomplete descriptions about the food! I am not in to cooking at all! I am just into eating!! hehe! :P

1 comment: