"Get up Khulud, it's 6:45, c'mon get up!!"
I peeped through the slits of my eyes! First day already!!! AAAWWW!!! A huge part of me wanted to push the rewind button and jump back to the day when my mind was at the absolute peace at the thought that "Oh yeah, I have Two whole months left!!"
Well, the days passed just like a fly buzzing past my eyes, and here I am getting ready for the first day of my college (thats what we call, junior year and senior year places)!!!! Uhhh!!
Well, I have to get up anyways, no use wishing for something that science has not even accessed yet! (and I believe it never might!! *talking about time traveling if you haven't guessed it yet!*)
I produced this force from within which made me jerk out of the bed and to get ready for my first day in junior year, in Pakistan we call it first year in college. I wore a really pretty dress, and no wonder I looked lovely!! :)
My dad dropped me to the college which was crowded with people from different schools, I checked my name on the list and then made my way to the class. I grabbed a seat trying my level best not to make a fool out of myself! But apparently I had noooo idea!
So the teachers introduced themselves; everything was going pretty smoothly, even though I was pretty agitated with the girl next to me; but thing were smooth! Until....the teacher started calling out the names for attendance..One name, one more, half of the class, the whole class, paper folded...
Where is my name???
I was send down to the admin. office to get my name checked in the list again! Turned out I was sitting in the wrong class! Talk about making a fool! But I was too much in a good mood to be bothered about whatever had happened, so I just made my way to my new class and took the only seat which was empty!
I was delighted to know that there were people I knew, from my old school in this class. Soon afterward we were called for the proper Welcome ceremony, which consisted of an absolutely never-ending speech from the principal. The speech did highlight a lot of good points of the college, but either ways, it was hot and humid and UNBEARABLE!
Once the ceremony was done with we had our recess and after that was the time which gave birth to the shadow, which contorted my face into a disgusting expression and made me rate the day as "absolutely SUCKED!"
So when I got back to my class, I had a good look around at the people I was meant to study with for the rest of the year. And do you wanna know what I discovered...THAT THEY ARE JUST NOT MY TYPE!!! Not the kind of people I am used to having around. This sooo totally agitated me, and I just lost the optimistic year around me! I realized that my expectations were pulled down to a much lower level! I was soo excited that I even had a counter on my blog and look how it turned out!!! :( Some guys and girls, by the look at what they were wearing, I just couldn't put myself to like them..I mean doesn't your personal style mirror who you actually are! I just couldn't make myself like anyone! I didn't even talk to anyone at all, except people from my old school, till the last period!
Finally, in the last period we were made to work in a group, when I discovered that one guy who was kinda acceptable. Nothing to say about the girls in my group who apparently denied that 'know-it-all' is an adjective!!! Uhhhh...I wanna go home, was all I could utter when we were finally over and the bell rung!
A lot of my friends shared my perception, those who were with me and those who were going to other colleges! Nobody had a good first day! :(
When I got home I explained my mom everything, and as motherly as she is, (isn't she supposed to be that?) she tried to make me understand that these things take time. It'll take a little time to settle in, until then I shouldn't act arrogant or anything. Just be friendly!
By the time, I was going to sleep, I promised myself that the next day I'll act a bit better and try to talk to people, socialize!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment