Saturday, August 1, 2009

Things from unexpected corners!

31 July 2009

So it started as a pretty usual Friday, I got up near twelve (don't blame me, I sleep pretty late as well!) checked in what was going around in the house, my maid was cleaning up, mom preparing something from the recipe book and brothers were absorbed in TV!
Huh, well so nothing to do here, therefore I decided to go back to my room to check on my FB account and my blogs! While I was doing that, my mom came in to inform me that we are going shopping after the Friday afternoon prayer! SHOPPING! eeep! I simply love shopping! I think I just can't do without it! The brand conscious sorta person that I am shopping is an essential! I cannot do without it! Shoes, clothes, accessories and sooo much more! As my junior year is about to begin I needed a new bag and obviously, new clothes for the first day! So once I was over with my evening prayers, my mom's friend came to pick us up and off we went to shop!!! YIPPEE!
Our first stop was Zamzama, it's a posh shopping area in Karachi with brands from all around Pakistan and abroad! I went over to one of my favorite shalwaar kamiz stores: Generations After moving around for half an hour or so I finally came across a dress that was worth wearing for my big day! Here are some pics:
The Kameez (shirt)

With the dupatta!

Isn't it lovely? Well I am sorry 'cos the pictures are a bit dark haven't perfected photography yet! So anyways once I was done shopping for my dress I had to tolerate my mom shopping for boring stuff, unstitched clothes! I mean what fun is it...you don't get to try anything!
After that we went to Forum, which is also another posh shopping mall boiling with hot brands! There I bought a really nice bag for myself and two books: The case of exploding mangoes by Mohammad Hanif and The wasted vigil.
I bought the second one as a gift for my cousin who has just cleared her CFA examination Level one! Finally once I was tired of roaming around and my heels were paining really badly, we stopped by to have a sandwich. I had tried the Fajita sandwich the first time but I have got to say that it was really nice except for the the pathetic and humiliating way I ate it! I suck at eating in public! I like private eating or maybe at home! But when it comes to dining out, lets just say that my dinner is never complete without my cheeks going red!
It took us a while to return home 'cos of the terrible traffic, but that didn't matter I had a really nice time shopping today and it is going to take a lot more than terrible traffic to steal the plastered smile on my face!
My shopping bags!
What is in them!

When I came back home my auntie who lives with us, gave me a gift which her friend had brought for me for my fabulus matriculation result! A friend I haven't met in my entire life, a friend who just knows me through mere references! I was sooo damn happy, not 'cos I got the gift but 'cos that friend of hers took the liberty of remembering me!! I called her later to thank her for the amazing gift! What a nice lady!
The unexpected gift!!!

At night when I was sitting in front of the laptop, I was feeling awfully elated and really thankful to God and everybody else who made pleasant things appear from unexpected corners!!!

P.S: At the same time a tiby corner of my mind is juggling between the choices of a new laptop and an iPhone....Hell what should I chose???


7 comments:

  1. IF ONLY I HAD THE CHOICE OF THOSE TWO! btw just smashed my Iphone *cries* I'm phoneless for the next few months now, and anyway what worse thing could you do than smashing your brand-new Iphone, I don't thin anyone would agree to buy me a phone now (..I smash all of them NOT ON PURPOSE!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difficult choice to make!...You can tweet if you get the iphone, but a laptop is good too, (Ipones are cheaper than before now, prices have gone down,I say,go for the laptop... if its a good one...) tell us about it when you get what you choose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...i wanna go for the iPhone..I already have a laptop! But you see my dad is offering me a brand new Viao or HP to swap with the iPhone...Sooo confused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love back to school shopping! It was the one time of year when there was no limit on how much my mom would let me buy! Oh, and I hate eating in public too. I'd much rather be at home.

    Picking between a laptop and iPhone is a hard choice!! I just got an iPhone a few weeks ago, and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a fashion chiq! I really found those clothes rockin!

    ReplyDelete