Friday, August 14, 2009

This is what the real Pakistan is like....my homeland!

14 August 2009

Okay so today is a really sepcial day for this Pakistani girl!!! IT'S THE INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!! Yeah-hay! So I decided that today I am going to dedicate my writing to my country, the beauty and magic that it hides! I have collected some really breadth taking pictures from my dad's friend, Zaidi Uncle, who is a really good photographer! His pictures are magic!!!! I wish I was somewhere near that! *sigh* :( Please respect his hard work and don't try to claim property over any of these pictures!

But before that just this little thing I am dying to share ( and show off!!! :P) I had my graduation day this Wednesday, and we had the City Mayor as our chief guest!! IT WAS SOOOOOOO AWESOME!! But the best part is yet to come! I bagged the 7th position in my Matriculation exams, in the WHOLE PAKISTAN!!! EEEEEEEEP! Now this is something I can show off about my entire life!!! Though I wouldn't, I don't like showing off!! I am soooo thankful to the Almighty for bestowing me with such honour!!! :) (I dont think I am really good at not talking about my self!! This Pakistani girl is a hell fo a talker!!)

Enough of that here are the pictures!!


A beautiful sight in Skurdu!





Mahudand


A lake surrounded by mountains!




Another sight in Mahudand! BEA-U-TI-FUL!





A breadth-taking sight in Skurdu!!!


Mangrove forests in Pakistan!



A bridge over the furious river!!!


Another lake sight in Skurdo!

Notice the reflection in water!!



A seven hundred year old mosque, near Skurdo



Notice the beautiful carvings!



Lake sight in Skurdo



Malamjaba, these rocks are ancient!


The tomb of the Quaid Mohammad Ali Jinnah, founder of the nation, in Karachi!



The world's biggest mosque: Shah Faisal Mosque, in Islamabad


The Badshahi Mosque in Lahore, built in 1673 by the Moghal emperor Aurengzeb!

Please do leave in comments, and tell me which one is your favourite picture!!




11 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!

    You are so adorable! Glad you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful..great pics.
    Stopping by from SITS to say hello!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from SITS!

    Beautiful pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to say that "A Breadth taking sight in Skurdu" is my favourite, although all of them are quite lovely. Do you know what the carvings on the window mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! I like the 5th one down because it's beautiful! But I also love the last one because of the history! I love seeing pictures of places that I've never been before! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures!! Stopping by from SITS to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics and so neat to see. I had no idea about the Pakistani landscape. I love the pictures of the lakes and the carvings are definitely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea Pakistan was so beautiful! What lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the masjid. The biggest one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are truly beautiful. The scenery is amazing. My favorite is of the bridge - looks pretty rickety, do people actually use it?

    Thanks for stopping by Picture This . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahan, People do use the bridge!!! Its for cars!!

    ReplyDelete