Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where is that balance??



So this is the second time I am writing this post 'cos the first time I wrote it, it some how disappeared and I am feeling so darn angry that I can scream and cry and wail and.....UGGHHH!!




Before I start my babble, I would like to post in my third Blog award. Thanks a lot Belle for considering me! The rules are simple; just pass it on to people who you think deserve it.



So here it goes my 3rd blog award! SWANKY!!!

I would like to pass it on to:


-Melroxx: She is such a sweetheart and her blog is a must visit!


-The writer's block: A really nice mom blogger, who actually cares!


-Ayak: Lovely blog!


Now my yarn officially begins! ( I talk a lot, in this case write a lot!)




I am sitting besides a huge window in my mom's room and the cool wind is calmly touching my skin! It is 6 in the evening and it is totally dark, when usually the sun is out bright! Yeah, it is one of those days when rain decides to delight us with it's beautiful presence, hiding the malicious sun away!




Although the weather today in Karachi is absolutely lovely, things between me and the techno world just aren't working! My laptop is dead, my mom's computer totally sucks amd my brothers....that is a totally different story!




For the last few days I have been cutting down on my internet time 'cos of my pesky little brothers. I don't understand how can anybody be so quaintessental at ruining stuff for me! They won't let me use their computer and even if they do, they'll hang around me reading every single thing I wirte on Facebook!!! And I abhore that! If I get a chance to get on my mom's computer, they'll come up with some really inportant work they need to do, which would involve me not using the computer! What is with them??




Anyways, I went to my cousin's place yesterday as she had invited me on a Iftar party! All her high school friends were also there. If you ask me how did it go, I'll have to say....umm..that would require a little description!




If there is one thing I sorely hate in this world it is girls who have boys-centered lives. Their lives revolve around guys; talking about them, flirting with them, crushing on them and what not! I mean how can anyone be fine with living that way??



What about other interests? What about education and intellect? I mean everybody has got to have other important things in life like books or music or literature or art! Guys are not everything! It is not like I am saying that one should not be into guy talk at all.. no that is not my point, my point is that one cannot just waste their teenage life 'cos of guys!



I believe that the modern times require people who can handle a lot of things at once! They are intellectual yet they are perky! They have an idea and insight about the crisises that the world is facing yet they have a equal insight about the latest celebrity gossip and movies! Why can't it be like that? Where is that balance?


People whose lives go around just one thing, they totally suffocate me! Why not have a life that goes around everything? Today the worls is in need of such people more than ever! But unfortunatly today we lack such people the most!




Although all those girls, who kept talking about guys and texting them on phone, disgusted me a little; I am glad that I attended the party and I met all of them. After meeting all of them when I prayed to Allah, I expressed my gratitude to Him. I was thankful to Him for making me understand the value of more important thing is life, for making me a truly principal-centered person, for making me an All-Pakistani girl in its true essence!

5 comments:

  1. I was waiting for an update from you. Your blog is fantastic.
    You are right girl. Being multi-skilled does give
    one an edge, both in personal and professional life. unidimensionality is very boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx for the award sweetie!

    Your brothers read everything you write on facebook! been there! done that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post again.

    I had to smile about your brothers. It was a very long time ago, but I remember my two younger brothers annoying me all the time when we were children.

    And thank you so much for the award...I am very honoured xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are at a crossroads. You are totally modern but you are living in a traditional culture. That's quite a burden. You're doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award! I was so surprised and quite honored. :)

    ReplyDelete