I am back from my 5-day long stay at my grandma's house and finally I am updating my blog. I had such an awfully wonderful week that I am certain that my words would not be enough to describe it. Counting from last Sunday, each day has been a delight; and now a beautiful fragment of my memory! :)
Last Sunday I went to my cousin's place and had such an amazing time there. I gobbled on every last bit of brownies left in the tray. I ate the tastiest of baked potatoes and watched a Beyonce Knowles film late at night. And slept like a baby in my cousin's room with a night light on! (oops, did I just write that! :P) I 'youtubed' like crazy and laughed my head off with my cousin. I truly had the most fantastic stay.
Then on Monday, I came back home gathered my stuff and went to stay at my grandma's house. All my maternal cousin are over there; 'cos here in Pakistan we have a joint-family system. All my maternal uncles and aunts live in one big house.
I stayed there for five days and now I am finally back home. I did the most craziest things over there. I went for shopping twice. Once in a rickshaw(public transport) and ate a shawarma in a rickshaw which was moving with the speed of light. My soft drink and ketchup dripped all over my clothes. Travelling in such a fast moving rickshaw was seriously a near-death experience I later exclaimed while telling my friends. It was bonkers fun after all! :D
The other shopping trip was to a local bargain-bazaar (shopping area) and my maternal aunt (I posted her interview) and (youngest) uncle are like champions in bargain shopping! Like seriously. I got two pairs of sneakers and one flip flop for 4$. I mean that is super super cheap. All I had to do was point out the pair of shoes I liked. The rest was up to them. I love them! :)
Other than that I ate so much while I was there. I ate kulfi (Eastern ice cream), had lassi (a blended yogurt and sugar mixture), had an eastern style burger and samoosas. Bottom-line: Ate A LOT!
And now, I sit here in front of my computer screen, happy and loving my life. A LOT! And yeah, I am really thankful to Allah for surrounding me with people who care so much about me. How would I have lived otherwise?
I am gonna wrap up this post by expressing my utmost gratitude for Ayak, who just gave me such a special award. It's for young bloggers, teenagers like me! :D Well..teenage... I am glad I write about mine on this blog!
Maybe one day when I am old and all weary I will open up this blog and read about my idiocies and my immature thoughts. With my life in front of me, I'll have no regrets or fears! :) InshAllah! :)
Here is the award:

Thanks a lot Ayak! :)
Till next time,
Tata :)



... .. .
ReplyDeleteYou're very welcome Kaibee.
ReplyDeleteAnd what a wonderful week you had. I'm very pleased you had such a good time xxx
Oh I sometimes sleep with the light on too!
ReplyDelete:-DDD
I'm so happy to read you had such a wonderful week and of course shopping makes a fantastic week more fantastic, doesn't it? ;-)
Wishing you another wonderful week and wishing you another 100 years of "immature" and fun thoughts like these!!!! :)
I love what you said about reading these thoughts when you grow old. I don't think your thoughts are immature at all. You seem like a lovely young woman who appreciates her family and her many blessings. It sounds like your trip was very special. It is nice to spend time with relatives and get a glimpse at their day-to-day life.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! xxx
ReplyDeleteand I could totally relate to your post! An the snacks and beverages you mentioned? AWESOME! xxx
ReplyDelete