I am so bored these days. I mean, seriously, my humongous thinking space is empty. I have nothing to think about. I teach two kids in the morning as a part of my summer job. I am done with it by two, after that I am free. I have nothing to do. I read a book, lie around here and there, flip the channels around on TV, figure nothing is on and then end up on the internet.
My friends have disappeared. They are busy doing stuff. My cousins visit but not often. In the end I am left with too many spare hours to myself and I have nothing to do. Blogging is a help and I work out a bit, out of the fear of obesity . But still, I want to do something really exciting, like extreme fun. I feel like sky-diving or scuba diving, or bungee jumping. I feel like going on a desert safari or African safari! I feel like being WILD!
Anyway, none of the above mentioned things are happening and the nearest to fun thing for now is a crazy hang-out with my old friends, a girl hang-out. I would love to have that, but people are so busy. It seems as if I am the only person on this friggin' planet who has absolutely nothing to do! Nothing!
A recent event in my life has made me utterly grateful towards, God Almighty, who has made me the master of such an invulnerable faith. I don't question, abhor or deny the rule of God. I accept it the way it is. And I am thankful to God, for making me that way. My faith has got me through so much. It's the least I can do.
Other than that, it rained a few days back, here in Karachi. A sea storm was expected but it didn't really touch the shores of Karachi. But we had rain and an awesome weather for one whole day. That is huge, 'cos in Karachi, the scorching heat usually prevails, licking away every trace of dryness from the air. It is really humid. But the nights are much cooler and poetic. The sky is clear just small clouds making those endless journeys. The moon and stars appear and disappear, as if playing hide and seek. In our residential area, silence is rarely disturbed by a smooth car engine and rhythmic rustle of the leaves. When I am in the terrace, I don't feel like going indoors anymore.
So, during that rainy day a beautiful rainbow was spotted across the sky, I didn't get a picture of that but what I did get a picture of were the beautiful layers of colours that embraced the sky right below the heavy blanket of the clouds at dusk. I climbed the roof and got this shot. It was heart-stopping!
P.S: One of my friends has just started blogging. She would love it if you dropped by: mahamthepathway.blogspot.com
Have a nice day everyone
Tata :)



... .. .
ReplyDeletewell... the picture is simply enchanting! and I will drop by at your friend's blog! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's a great shot Kaibee. Well worth the climb to get it. The boredom phase will soon pass. You'll look back in a while and wonder how you ever had time to be bored!
ReplyDeleteI like your blog <3
ReplyDeleteWhen you have free time, just read a good book or make something nice. Make a nice letter and send it to a friend. Take pictures^^
Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog :)
xx Sophie
http://sophieneechan.blogspot.com
Great picture! Its nice you're blogging again, and I assure you, you will overcome it!
ReplyDeleteWonderful picture. I love reading your blog! I hope you keep it up. :)
ReplyDeleteGee thanks for writing the comment! :)
ReplyDeleteWe recently had a storm much like yours. Aren't summer storms the best? Though I don't know if it is summer where you are right now... but rainbows and summer nights and wind are some of my favorite things.
ReplyDeleteExtreme fun, hu? I think I am there with you in the desires of that. Anything fun would be welcome. Let's make a pact. We are going to do something out of the norm this month. Something fun that we normally wouldn't do. Like mountain climbing or ice skating, or blindfold bowling. Mmmm, I am liking these ideas! Let me know if you are in on it with me.
And that photo is beautiful! Reading on the roof is a passion of mine. I hope you find something to squelch your boredom soon. Pick up a new hobby like cooking or crafting?