So there is this guy who lives in our neighborhood, two years younger than me. He is a friend of my brother's and a friend of mine as well. So 3 months back, back in July he confessed, that he is madly in love with me. Let's just call him Mr.A.
Mr.A goes to a posh school in a city, you know the ones where all the brats and daddy's princesses study. People from such schools usually have this major superiority complex and consider everyone inferior to them. They believe that they are the only people who can afford every thing! Money is everything for them.
Now, I don't goto a super posh school but my high school is certainly one of the best in Karachi (the city where I live) but as it is not situated in a posh area, I certainly am a part of the inferior society in their eye.
I am a really average Pakistani girl, I have a tan complexion, little dark circles round my eyes, really really really really bushy hair and a healthy figure. I am not the model type perfect girl, who spends a lot of time on her to make her look good. I am average and I am content with that!!I belong to well-off family and get everything I ask for. I am not spoiled but I don't have to compromise on stuff either. I goto a high school a lot of people dream of and I have a bunch of really cool friends with me. I am absolutely thankful to God for everything I have and I can ask for nothing more!!
So when Mr.A confessed to me (0n Facebook chat) I tried knocking some sense into him. Made it clear that I am older than him, that I don't like him back, that there are better, hotter girls in his school. But he was determined and I gave up. I still think it is awfully stupid of him to like me, but I am pretty impotent at this point!
So Mr.A put a status on me on Facebook and one of his daddy's-princess-friend was all like, 'I have seen the picture of the girl whose name started with 'k' (me), are you serious?? :D' on his status. And then Mr.A went like, 'How do you know about this!!'
When I read this for a while I felt kinda bad. Bad that I ain't that pretty, bad that I don't go to such a school. I mean, when she said 'are you serious?' was it like, I am not worth being liked?? And I wonder where she saw my picture from! Maybe I am not the pretty princess type but I still have a darn heart and sometimes it still hurts! I can go around being all sensible and mature but by the end of the day I am a sixteen year old teenager, I have feelings and a heart!!!
Is money the only freakin' thing that matters these days, and even if it does it is not like I am broke. I am pretty content but I guess it is more important to live in a posh area, study in a posh school and spend as much money on yourself as you can to appear pretty all the time!! Other things, they don't matter anymore!!!
I kept trying to explain myself, reasoning it out that how stupid it is to feel bad for such a thing. It is not like I like Mr.A back, so why should I care? But I have to admit I am just sixteen and that thing the girl wrote, just broke through all the walls of maturity and sensibility right into the fragile heart of this sixteen year old. And this sixteen year old is really really hurt! :(



I am so sorry she said that. Teenage girls can sometimes be so mean. It isn't that you like him, its that fact that someone was questioning your worth and that is what hurt you so much. Just remember, you are older than her, and you are right. She doesn't know you. She has no basis for her opinion. It is hard, but don't worry about what other people say. What is most important is what you think of yourself, and what God thinks of you, and nothing else really matters.
ReplyDeleteI hope your heart feels better and you can ignore her easier. Besides, if she did know you, she would not ever question why someone likes you. It would be fairly obvious.
You are a beautiful person! Keep your head up and stay strong no matter what anyone says =) xoxo
ReplyDeleteStay strong...and Happy Halloween, galfriend!
ReplyDeleteOne Quarter to Go 'Til Halftime
You sound like you are much more pretty than you think you are. But people often fall in and out of love at that age - you have been warned...
ReplyDeletedon't be hurt :(
ReplyDeleteNice post thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete