Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Solitude, finally! :)

I had a wild week but now I am finally all by myself with my computer, camera, a book and music.

All of my cousins were over last week and we had such a blast! We did this water fight thing which was really awesome and by the time we finished; all of us were soaking wet. We played games, weird games like 'Chinese whisper' and 'Charades' and... watched a really good no-words-to-describe-it Pakistani soap opera based on the history and making of Pakistan but all the boys kept interrupting with their stupid, insensitive comments at every romantic, intimate scene; which sucked. The girls were like 'Awwwww' and the guys were like 'This is crap' or 'Where does that happen'. I guess boys will be boys. (You can see the original score of that soap opera in the end of the post) Over all, I had loads of fun.

Anyway, now I am enjoying the long-awaited solitude, which might sound surprising coming from the same girl whose previous posts were about extreme boredom and loneliness. But since my cousin's arrival things have been so wild that I have been wanting them to slow down. A little time to myself; to think and work stuff out.

As usual a lot has been on my mind lately. Future, college, my last year in high school, courses I will take, my grade point average...Ugh I am so worried! :( I hope I get things right. InshAllah!

Other than that finally the once-in-a-year monsoon season has enlightened Karachi with it's wonderful presence. Yesterday in the evening I experienced one of the most beautiful rainfalls I could ever imagine. I climbed the rooftop and stood under the clouds as rain drops gently touched my skin. It was so beautiful. Everything seemed so serene. With every moment that I spent under the beautiful cover of the clouds my heart couldn't help admiring God and his wonders more and more. It was magnificent. I felt close to nature and everything around me. I embraced the solitude and it was so beautiful it almost made me cry! :)

Once the rain stopped I took some pictures, 'cos seriously I would never want to forget the evening ever. Though my pictures didn't do the weather justice but they aren't that bad. Here are few:







And finally as I promised, here is the original score of the the soap opera that is nothing like anything I have had the chance of watching before. Other-worldly. :) :)


I hope you liked it. The song is in Urdu (my national language) and the clothes adorned by the characters are all national dresses! :)

And finally,
Tata! :)

7 comments:

  1. I remember the joy of monsoon rain after unending months of scorching heat. Especially refreshing in Karachi if youre near the beach. A really nice post to read that's made me very nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand you.... after a lot of fun and chaos, you just need a break! :-)
    Wonderful pictures... I've never seen a monsoon... but it must be beautiful (and a bit scary)! :-)
    I love the music!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that music! I listened to it three times before finally commenting. How nice you have time to reflect now your visitors are gone. I once read that guests are twice appreciated. First when they arrive and then again when they leave. I think you are understanding that very clearly right now. :)
    I am sure you will do fine with your exams. Just don't sweat it too much right now. It is your time to relax and not focus on school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Superior Snaps! I'm cherishing some solitude, too, after a hectice-and loud-vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urdu is such a beautiful language! I heard that a lot in the streets when I attended university in England, in a city with many Pakistani families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post, Love the pictures and LOVE ur patriotism. Nice to know that it still exists around here! Your blog is awesome, i keep checking for new posts! :)

    ReplyDelete