Sunday, September 20, 2009

Eid room makeover!! :)

Guess who's camera got fixed???? MINE

Today is the final day of our Ramadan fast and InshAllah tomorrow will be Eid. Now the Islamic calender works on the basis of the moon cycle. The moon repeats its shape after every thirty or twenty nine days. So what actually happens is that the last day of every month is the day when the moon is in it final phase and after which the moon repeats it's shape. Now as the moon can repeat it's shape after 29 days as well, we aren't certain when the new month will start. But it's always after either 30 days or twenty nine. So we are expecting that the final phase moon will be today, signalling the end of Ramadan and and beginning of Shawal (Islamic month after Ramadan) . Eid is celebrated on the first,second and third of Shawal. I am planning to take a picture of the moon and put it on. Though spotting the moon is really difficult!

So as I have mentioned in my earlier posts Eid is a major festival for Muslims! We wear knew clothes, decorate our houses an prepare delicious food. And therefore today I spent almost the whole of my afternoon in giving my room a little Eid makeover.

I have taken a decision that for the next three days of Eid, I'll be keeping you updated with all the festivities, I'll call it the "THE EID PICTURE MANIA"!! For all those who visit my blog and read through my pointless chitter chatter, for the next three days I'll try my level best to keep the babbling low and pictures high!! :) So here goes, my room makeover:

Check out my new beady curtains and the huge Manchester United Poster on my door!!


Come on in!


So I went really really girlie this time with my room! Check out the ribbon and the bow! Simple yet cute!




I love the huge window and my cozy little bed :)



My mirror and my dressing table!! BTW my mirror agrees that I am the prettiest one of them all!! lol


I have a really small dressing table, 'cos I don't use many beauty products!


And to top all, a super cute dustbin!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow what lovely pictures!! I love your curtains and bed linen!

    Looking forward to seeing pics of you though! Hopefully more to come during the final days of Eid!

    LBM xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! love it! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice decorations! We had lanterns and lights all around our house the whole month, it was so beautiful, and Im kinda sad theyre going down soon =( anyways, Eid Mubarak! Hope you have an wonderful Eid!

    ps
    thanks for following! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful room! I love the huge window, and the beads... okay, I am envious of all of it. The subway picture is crazy! They don't decorate for Christmas like that here. How neat that they go all out for Eid! Also, your dress is beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of you in it. Glad your camera got fixed.

    ReplyDelete