Thursday, September 9, 2010

One of the worst days of my ENTIRE school life!

Okay, so what's not surprising? Kaibee going to a new school and the experience turning out to be the worst experience ever! Happened last year when I was in Pakistan and happened today in Calgary!

First day of high school, senior year, and it went most extraordinarily BAD. Well, read about my first day in last year. You'll understand how friggin' cursed my first days in new schools are. I kinda knew this was coming but it sucked when it actually hit me in the face!

Well, so this is how it went: I waited almost an hour in the line to get my ID card and yearbook picture done; missed out on the Social studies class. Then I went to my Digital Photography class, which apparently was just the kick start to my miseries. As it was my first day in a school where people have already completed two years, I ended up friendless, partnerless and cameraless. took me 15 minuted to figure the software out and then spent the whole of the period trying to download a manual that later I found out could never be downloaded due to the limitations of the computer! By the time I was on the otehr computer the bell was about to ring. So then I was jsut talking to the teacher about my course and right behind us a highschool couple was engaged in a extrememly gross embrace.

Now belonging to the strong ethical codes of Pakistan that is something I'll only expect to see on TV had I been living in Pakistan, but here I was. Right infront of the actual scene, disgusted! I don't believe thety don't even respect their teacher, in our society it's taught that a teacher is like a second parent because he imparts the rarest light. The light of education. But I guess, that's not how it goes around here. Well, deal with it Kaibee!

After the digital photography class, we had the lunch break. But as expected I ended up on the lunch table alone but then after a little while a nice 10th grader joined me. She was nice. At least I had someone to talk to.

After break I had English, I gave a test there. The Shakespearian I did was so fun. I never knew I enjoyed Shakespear this much I have doen it before but not such big ones. And then Math went fine too.

And then came the worst part. I got off at the wrong stop and I had no clue where I was so I had to call home. But I found two really nice people at a nearby store so it wasn't that bad.

And then when I came home, I discovered taht the hoodie I was wearing still had the tag on! CRAPPP!! I had gone around teh school for a whole day wearing soemthong WHICH STILL HAD TEH TAG ON!!! CRAAPPP! :/
But still, it's just whole lot different from Pakistan. It's like a new world. It's like I am a gazillion miles away from place I have. It's seems dream-like that I was ever in Pakistan. I miss Pakistan so much. There isn't a moment in the day when my thoughts don't connect to Pakistan in soem way. I miss home! :/

So if I enlist them, here are the reasons why school sucks right now:
1. I have friends. Non at all. We are talking the big ZERO here!
2. No locker, I carry around a heavy bagpack all the time!
3. The kids don't respect teachers.
4. The guys don't respect girls. The wanna make the most of every oppertunity they get. If you know what i mean. i am talking about people kissing in the Hallway!
5. The girls have the biggest offers to make. Low self-respects. Sadly! :(
6. People use swearwords like articles. they scream them out in the hallways and stuff! :/
7. I miss my friends and home ALL the time! :(

My cousins have been awesome though. I like my new place too. No internet connections or computer yet though. But that'll get fixed soon.

It's like a lot of bad things squeezed themselves in one day. Haaaaahhhh! I had enough for the whole semester. Oh Allah, please make things work for me! :) Please!

And huh, I think that's it so,
Tata! :)

11 comments:

  1. First days in any situation are stressful. You don't think so now but it will get better. In a little while you will look back on this day and realise that.

    Keep your chin up Kaibee...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a hard day. I think the hardest part for you (aside from not knowing anyone) is the difference in culture. Our cultures are miles different. But things will get better. I promise. You will make friends because you are an incredibly sweet thoughtful and fun girl. People can't help but like you. It just takes time. And I don't know of anyone who was wildly popular on their first day. Just hang in there. And the whole PDA (Public Display of Affetion)thing. Yeah, its gross. Sadly, that is what HS is like here. You learn to turn your head the other way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every start in a new world is hard, but you will make it and you will show them who you are!
    I am with you...
    About the points listed... you will make friends I am sure! you're too lovely and intelligent!
    The other points I am afraid... are normal society here too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your blog is like watching a movie!!!!! (it's a compliment...! :-)...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww!!I feel really bad for u Babe..but i know that things will work our perfectly for u...u r such a sweet thing!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... .. .
    You will do just fine ! Don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang on in there kaibee, you're doing great. You'll win in the end. It takes time to make friends. You know why people do that gross embracing stuff? Low self esteem. Nothing else. Pathetic, what?

    Thinking of you, hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my baby don't be sad things will work out soon!! Pakistan really misses you! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heyy... Hang in there... And u will have friends... I can be a friend too if u want...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Btw we need to chat... I wana know how u ended up in Calgary?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww. I hope everything goes to the right path :)Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete