I was sitting in the terrace yesterday with my cousins when my youngest brother joined us. He wanted the empty milk can I had in my hand. I refused to give it to him, at the same time my cousins were making harmless fun of him and asking him to go away. And then suddenly my brother got all aggressive and between all the argument for the milk can; slapped me my right in the face. So dumbfounded was I that I seriously didn't know what to do. My right cheek was aching and my cousins were giggling around me. The next thing I knew my eyes were burning and I couldn't stop myself from crying.
I ran downstairs and locked myself up in the bathroom for over an hour with my cousins banging the doors and shouting how immature I was acting and all that stuff. But you know, I wasn't acting immature at all 'cos I was extremely hurt. I had never felt this disrespected. I was hurt 'cos I never hurt my brothers or ever hit them. 'Cos I always sacrifice things I love for them. 'Cos I value them but I guess they can never understand that!
Anyway, my youngest brother never came to properly apologize and we are still not on talking terms and neither the eldest or the youngest even slightly bothered. But I guess, it's fine; rather than being hurt all the time by them, it's better not to talk to them!
Other than that, I would like inform that the month of Ramazan has once again enlightened us with it's presence. I posted about it last year as well. Ramazan is a month in the Muslim calender in which Muslims around the world fast and spend their time engaged in praying to Allah. We fast from dawn to dusk and during our fast not only do we prevent ourselves from eating but also from bad worldly deeds. Staying hungry from dawn to dusk enlightens us with the realization that how difficult it is for people who don't have food and water, to survive. Allah wants us to feel the pain of the needy ones which gives birth to the feeling of responsibility that we should help those in need.
I am already done with my first fast, and today is the second day of Ramazan. So for the next 28 days, every morning I'll be getting up before dawn to eat and then at dust I'll be breaking my fast. I really love Ramazans! :) They make me feel intimate with Allah.
My cousin visiting from Canada will be leaving this Sunday. So finally after two months I'll have my house to myself. with the usual people around. The summers have been so busy I don't believe time elapsed this quickly.
Well, that's all I had to say. Thank you for being such regular visitors every one. Love your comments.
Tata! :)



Oh Kaibee I'm sorry to hear that you have been so hurt by your brother. But I will say (having two brothers myself) that when we were young it happened a few times. It's horrible but unfortunately seems to be a brother/sister thing. I'm sure he will get around to apologising. Maybe he just doesn't realise how much he hurt you. Perhaps you should just calmly tell him how much he hurt your feelings and give him the chance to apologise.
ReplyDeleteChin up sweetie xx
Hello! I have two older brothers so i end up getting all of the negative energy too and i know exactly how u feel. But come to think of it, you just mentioned its Ramadan, why not be the elder person and forgive and forget! InshAllah Allah will give u loads of ajar! This thing wiht brothers, its never ending.. i find that trying to forget it and doing something myself eventually makes me happier!
ReplyDeleteTry not to think of it! Brothers sometimes are such a**holes I know because I used to fight (in the real meaning of the word) with my friend's brother and we usually ended up pulling each other's hair. Now they are the best of friends... :-) Ah! I used to fight with him because he was so mean to his sister! Well she usually fought him too, but yes... sometimes you love someone so much that when they hurt you you are speechless and don't know what to do. It's true though... the people we love the most can hurt us more than anyone else... I hug you tight!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Kaibee!
ReplyDeleteYour brother gonna realize soon that they did a very wrong thing just give them some space 'cos your cousin just left so they'll take time to settle, I'm pretty sure they're gonna apologize!!
And.... love your blog its amazing trust me!!! :)
... .. .
ReplyDeleteHe(your brother) surely regrets it.
Khulud. I get hurt all the time and I am beginning to get immune to it. I am familiar with that awful wounded feeling of wanting to tell someone just how much they've hurt you and knowing that they just will not even understand why. My thoughts are with you. I feel your pain.
ReplyDeleteYou won't believe it now, but some day, you and your brother will be best friends. Until that time, hang in there!
ReplyDeletehie.. read ur blog it all hapnz dear... 4giv him hez younger 2 u...so btw..im akanksha singh 4m india.. i read ur blog it ws v nice..im a family frend of gaelika....i read her blog regularly..n thrugh her i found urz, im 19..hopin 2 hav a gud f'ship wid u...:)u can contct me on fb..2 if u wnt!!
ReplyDeletebrothers can be so difficult sometimes. Just love them and wait for them to grow up.
ReplyDeleteThe fast of Ramazan sounds like a very spiritual experience for you. I fast once a month (no food or drink for 24 hours) and it is true, it does make you feel a lot closer to God.