Saturday, February 13, 2010

Making things work...

The last time I made a post I was feeling awfully glum and gloomy. I felt confused, defeated and lost. Things in school can be really harsh at times and you just stand there and stare as things take over you. People make journeys from zeros to heroes, from nobodies to somebodies, while you are just invisible. A nobody. A mere shadow, nothing else.

Well, to my joy, I have taken control over such feelings. I have shut them up in the less-cared-of corner of my mind. So what, if I am a nobody in high school. So what, if the hot guys don't notice me. So what, if all the popular and pretty girls underestimate me. So what, if I am a pathetic loser?

I took some time and sorted out a lot of stuff. I thought over stuff, I learned to accept some harsh realities. Life really isn't as complicated as we make it. Allah has gifted us with a life which can be as simple and uncomplicated as anything, but we choose to make it difficult and incomprehensible. We choose to tie knots and cry over them. (Seriously I do that a lot!)

The problem is that I can't help it. I am this really over sensitive person, who thinks a lot. A LOT. Things are so over thought inside my head that it gets absolutely impossible to digest them the way they are. I turn a small knot into this one big knot.

So, anyway, with a huge help from my mom, my dad, my cousin Ash, my friends at school -I just love them- my blog readers: Galikea, Amy, 'fly in the web', and Ayak , I am finally almost over the sad stuff; for now. I never know when events might force me into transferring the sad thoughts back into obsessed part of my mind. But for now, I am as happy as birds in spring. I am chirpy! :)

So in the past few days, I figured some really important things, which got me back up again.
Here they are:

1, Those who believe in themselves the least, have the most to offer. -Kyle, from Kyle XY said this, and it just got me!-

2, Life is an occasion, rise to it. -from some movie-

3, Life is a monotony, unless you have lived as a loser once. That is what, being an All-Pakistani girls is all about. She goes through everything. And losing is a part of it. So I am happy that Allah has given me this chance to lose, so I rejoice to a greater extent when victory comes my way again. -I figured this out on my own-

4, People who matter, love me, unconditionally.

5, Allah has given me more than I can ask for.

6, I have been a great achiever in my past. I have been the editor of the school magazine. A paid writer in a newspaper. A position-holder in examinations. So what, if others take me as a loser, I have been bestowed with wonderful things to be proud of.

7, I have my life in front of me. Many opportunities and people, who'll always support me through thick and thin.

8, In this world, people are going through worse situations than I go through. Hunger and poverty. I think, it's selfish for me to grieve over my little, meaningless sorrows and ignore what others go through.

After all this, I don't think it's fair to remain glum and gloomy. Being happy is vital, I have big aims and big goals. If I go weak, I might not be able to make the journeys that lie ahead. So with many knots untied, I continue with my life, happy, satisfied and gratified. After all, this life is too short to cry over stuff, all the time!

Thanks for visiting my blog, even though I don't gt time to return your comments. I am awfully sorry about that.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you blog more often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's more like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Kaibee...let's get one thing straight..you are not a pathetic loser. You are a sensitive soul and this part of your character will prove invaluable in years to come. What you have been going through is perfectly normal at your age. I remember my daughter being the same. And even all those other guys and girls around you that appear to be so confident..are probably having the same anxieties...they are just better at hiding them.

    I like your list..it's very positive, and just shows your strength of character. Focus on the positive things about yourself...and there are many. You will be fine. In fact, you will be more than fine.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff Khulud. You're working things out. But don't think too deeply on negative things. Accentuate the positive. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super how you have done some thinking and turned your situation around.

    ReplyDelete